Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trying the blog again!

Alright, I'm not nearly as funny as the rest of my family, I have no kids (unless you count my Charlie), and I've never had to crawl out my window on a homemade sheet-rope. But, I'll try to make this blog exciting despite it all and keep everyone updated :)

Here's a quick summary of the last two years, ha! Since breaking of my engagement a couple years ago, life has been amazing! It was a little rough at first, and there were the dog custody issues (obviously I prevailed). I went to Peru and volunteered in teh orphanage which remains the single most amazing, life changing experience. It couldn't have come at a better time. Oh ya, RIGHT before that I graduated college whooo hoo! After Peru I went straight into summer school and have continued. I "met" Danny, although we went to the same high school, I knew his whole family, and we "met" before......we never really talked. Oh yeah I started working at the bank again, got an apartment with a girl named Alyssa (seriously, what are the chances). Charlie ADORES her. You'l probably never see her because she absolutely refuses to get her picture taken (I'll try). Let's see, Dad and I went to Peru this last summer which was also INCREDIBLE! We went back to the orphanage and saw some of the same kids. It was so great to share the experience that changed my life with him.
Now I'm at Oregon State. I'll finish with another BS in June 09. Yeah two bacc degrees but whatever. I'm in the process of applying for internships, 1)Idaho State-Boise, 2)Sea Mar Community Health Center- Seattle 3) Mid Willamette Valley- Salem. These are all accredited internships by the American Dietetic Association. Following acceptance and completion of the internship (which is around 10 months), I get to take the RD exam! Assuming I pass I'll be a registered dietician! PPhheeeww! I have no idea, yet, what I want to specialize in or anything of that sort. I'll probably have to start in clinical (hospital setting) which sounds the least fun to me. I DON'T want to work with eating disorders, I've had enough experience ;) The recovery rate is disgustingly low and I think it'd be too depressing. I probably want to work in Community Dietetics; WIC program, Oregon Dairy Council....nutrition ed programs. Not the real money maker!

I loved seeing you guys over Thanksgiving, sorry we couldn't see you all! Danny LOVED you guys and it meant alot that I could share my family with him. We had a blast! *Kel....I did check into internships closer to you guys because I'd LOVE to live by you! BYU is the ONLY one!!! The U has nothing!! Utah state as a distance internship. You do the classes online and you have to find sites to do the rotation blah blah. I couldn't believe there's nothing in SLC. The other closest was Pocatello, Id (another site for the Idaho State University internship), but I still think thats at least a couple hours away? I just don't think I could do BYU :)

4 comments:

  1. Oooo-you really don't want to live in Pokey. Orem isn't SO bad....you'd be right by some of our friends and you would adore them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad there is nothing at the U! Love to see you. Brent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope,you porlly couldn't "do" BYU. None of our kids could do it either. That danrned Honor Code just gets in the way of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a finalist at Idaho State -Boise...thats closer!!!

    I wish there was something at the U! I definitely looked!

    ReplyDelete