Friday, March 20, 2009

woo hooooo






So, 2009 stinks yeeaaahhh!! Don't know if it's gotten around yet, but I found out I was born with a heart arrythmia after it started giving me a bunch of problems. It's a AV nodal re-entrant tachycardia. But it's fixed now :) I had a cardiac ablation on wednesday and there's a 99% chance its gone. The worst part was they failed THREE times getting my IV in. They finally got it the fourth time after punturing two veins. I look like a pin cushion. I'm still in bed and sore, and cranky because they only gave me vicodin and I still hurt ggrrrrrr. All I have to say is four words: Thank Goodness For Hulu.com. Seriously. That website has saved my life.



Quote of the hospital stay:


Nurse arrives shortly after I wake up: Looks like your heart moniter has some bad batteries, we need to change those.


Me: What heart monitor?


Nurse: Hmmm well uh we need to get you one of those, now. I'll be right back.



I did manage to go (very drugged up, and sick) to a performance of Wicked last night, which was amazing. I hurt and I had to shuffle around like a 99 year old woman, but I made it through.



I also had finals week this week, well all mine were Monday and Tuesday, and obviously survived that as well. Can't wait until thats over, for real this time. I'm jealous Kellie. On a happy note I found out I am a finalist for the Boise internship and had a phone intervew on Tuesday. It went really well I think!!

Sorry I suck at blogging. This is all I can manage to muster up right now :) But I highly recommend, The Office, Family Guy (OF COURSE!!), and American Dad.
PS. It also looks like I failed to mention I was hit by a bus earlier this year....in my car. I'm ok, obviously. I've also had a number of other unfortunate occurances. :) I'm really looking forward to a new start in April, hopefully. HA!






4 comments:

  1. Well, if it is any consolation, I'm bored out of my mind because there is practically no work out there for a person of my non-skills. Sucks.

    Mom told me about your heart the other day and I was like WTF, she had a heart attack at 24? Then mom corrected herself and told me it was like the deal this girl I knew had. Still, suckey. Hope you're feeling better. Hulu is a blessing, however I am disenchanted with Family Guy and I never got American Dad. Maybe I'll do another post about how much I love TV...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh Family guy is amazing! But, you'll be proud of me. Since being with Danny I've come to enjoy the Simpsons :)

    I definitely FELT like I was having a heart attack!! So far I've had no more issues and I feel unbelievably amazing! I have a follow up in a couple weeks but so far so good...yeeaah!

    My friend Misty is job hunting now too....it's awful. They don't care if you have a college degree anymore it seems. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, you make a hospital gown look good. Greetings from N.C. (this week, anyway).

    Love,
    Crazy Uncle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Uncle Brent :) I was smiling BEFORE it took them 4 tries for the IV and AFTER all the drugs haha

    ReplyDelete